The Dean Hale Woodpecker Festival has returned in 2022! The festival takes place June 2 - 5. Registration opened on April 9, 2022 at 8 am PDT. It is a great opportunity to explore new areas and meet other local birders, with a good chance of seeing 11 species of woodpeckers. For descriptions of the Tours, go to this page. If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-241-2190
Participants must be vaccinated and willing to wear a mask in a carpool.
* Based in Sisters, Oregon
* 11 Species of Woodpeckers
* 200 bird species seen last year
* Fun, friendly and casual atmosphere
* Affordable for all
* All dollars support ECAS's education programs
* We strictly follow birding ethics... guidelines
* At least two local field trip leaders per group
* Many choices for field trips ...
Click here to see a list of the bird species seen at the 2019 Festival
Recipient of a 2015 Mindful Birding Award
Steve Shunk's book, The Peterson Reference Guide to Woodpeckers of North America, is now available. Steve is a local author and birder and founder of the original Woodpecker Wonderland festival. Steve will be the speaker at the Saturday Night Belfry event. Here is a summary of his talk. Join us by buying a ticket on the Registration page.