- This event has passed.
Wednesday Birders: May 17th
May 17 @ 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
together. Usually, some advanced birders are there and are so helpful. All are welcome. We carpool when possible.
For questions: email@example.com
- May 10: begin scouting woodpecker locations. Meet at 8:00 at Village Greens park in Sisters, near the restrooms. We carpool from Village Greens. Birding is a full day so bring lunch etc. Start time change.
- May 17: Village Greens in Sisters near the restrooms at 7:30 AM. Will be visiting woodpecker locations again. Plan for a full day.
- May 24: Sisters area again. Meet at 7:30 at Village Greens near the restrooms at 7:30. Another full day of birding.
- May 31: Fort Rock and Cabin Lake. Drivers: prepare for 200 miles, so have a full charge or full tank of fuel. Carpooling from Bend, 6:30 at the Park and Ride near ODOT and DMV, 63055 N hwy 97. Or, 7:15 at ODOT Wickiup Junction Park and Ride. Expect another full day of birding. It would be great if each person could bring work gloves and a small bag so we can remove some cheatgrass at Cabin Lake. Our bird club and Tom Lawler would be grateful for any impact we could make on noxious weeds there before they go to seed!
- June 7: TBA depending on votes for a wrap-up of woodpeckers or to go east toward Paulina for a day in the area, seeking Bobolinks, Willets, Ferruginous Hawks, and Black Terns, etc.
Under usual circumstances, transportation is via carpool depending on who can drive and individual schedules. Dress for the weather; be prepared with food, sunscreen, etc; and bring a pair of binoculars; spotting scopes are helpful on many trips.
Contact Judy Meredith for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org