Birders’ Night is ECAS’s monthly education and social meeting, held on the third Thursday of the month at The Environmental Center of Bend at 7 p.m.; presentations may also be viewed live virtually via Zoom. News about ECAS activities and bird happenings in Central Oregon are discussed. Each month, a guest speaker is invited to speak about an avian-related subject. Topics include birding, wildlife science, conservation, and public policy related to wildlife. Birders’ Night is open to the public; ECAS membership is not required to attend.
View Past Birders’ Night Presentations
Go to the ECAS YouTube Channel to view a playlist of videos from previous Birders’ Nights.
Can’t attend in person? Join us virtually via Zoom. Note: Zoom accounts are free, but are not necessary for participating in a meeting.
It is helpful to become familiar with Zoom before a presentation.
- The Zoom help center offers instructions.
- Click here for instructions on joining a meeting using a smartphone.
- A tutorial on joining a meeting from a computer can be found here.
- Join a test meeting to practice muting your audio and turning off your video.
Joining the Meeting
- Please be ready to join the meeting at least two minutes before the start of the event.
- Join the meeting by clicking the link above or in the invitation email you received.
- You will be connected to a waiting room where you can test your audio and video.
- Once the meeting begins, participants will be admitted by the host.
- The host may force mute your audio.