- This event has passed.
Wednesday Birders: May 10th
May 10 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
together. Usually, some advanced birders are there and are so helpful. All are welcome. We carpool when possible.
For questions: email@example.com
- May 10: begin scouting woodpecker locations. Meet at 8:00 at Village Greens park in Sisters, near the restrooms. We carpool from Village Greens. Birding is a full day so bring lunch etc. Start time change.
- May 17: Village Greens in Sisters near the restrooms at 7:30 AM. Will be visiting woodpecker locations again. Plan for a full day.
- May 24: Sisters area again. Meet at 7:30 at Village Greens near the restrooms at 7:30. Another full day of birding.
- May 31: Fort Rock and Cabin Lake. Drivers: prepare for 200 miles, so have a full charge or full tank of fuel. Carpooling from Bend, 6:30 at the Park and Ride near ODOT and DMV, 63055 N hwy 97. Or, 7:15 at ODOT Wickiup Junction Park and Ride. Expect another full day of birding. It would be great if each person could bring work gloves and a small bag so we can remove some cheatgrass at Cabin Lake. Our bird club and Tom Lawler would be grateful for any impact we could make on noxious weeds there before they go to seed!
- June 7: Bobolinks! Because they are an hour east of Prineville and weather will be hot, we need an early start. It will be worth it! Also Eastern Kingbirds, shorebirds and raptors etc can be in the area and seen on the return trip. Chuck Gates will lead you to the very special places in his Crook County. Bring lunch, water and scopes for a day that could go into mid afternoon if temps allow.
- June 14: Upper Indian Ford Creek and Black Butte Swamp. You may encounter wet or muddy terrain. Notable birds, recent arrivals, include Willow Flycatcher, Gray Catbird, Red-eyed Vireo, Swainson’s Thrush and of course Veery.
Under usual circumstances, transportation is via carpool depending on who can drive and individual schedules. Dress for the weather; be prepared with food, sunscreen, etc; and bring a pair of binoculars; spotting scopes are helpful on many trips.
Contact Judy Meredith for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org