Go to the Oregon Birding Trails Link. Choose the Cascades Birding Trail. Click on the Trail Guide and choose the Crater Lake Loop Guide. Section 129.Directions
Habitat and Birds
Six square-mile marsh at 4,700′ in elevation, with pine and mixed conifer forest.
Breeding birds include Sandhill Crane, rails, Black Tern, Wilson’s Phalarope, and Yellow-headed Blackbird. Several species of waterfowl also nest.
Owls, woodpeckers, and songbirds are found in the surrounding forest.
Nearby Birding Locations
- Klamath Marsh National Wildlife Refuge
- Scott Creek Campground
- Corral Spring Campground
- Whitefish Campground, Crescent Lake
- Crater Lake National Park
- Little Deschutes Campground
- Walker Mountain Lookout
- Wocus Bay (Klamath Marsh)
- Miller Lake
- Head of the Williamson River
- Castle Crest Wildflower Trail (Crater Lake NP)
- Annie Creek Canyon (Crater Lake NP)
- Military Crossing (Klamath Marsh)