Go to the Oregon Birding Trails Link. Choose the Cascades Birding Trail. Click on the Trail Guide and choose the Crater Lake Loop Guide. Section 131.Directions
Habitat and Birds
Riparian strip along Little Deschutes River with adjacent pine forest.
In June expect to find several species of flycatcher, including Olive-sided, and Hammonds; Cassin’s and Warbling Vireos; Mountain Chickadee; Hermit Thrush; MacGilivray’s and Yellow Warbler and Common Yellowthroat; and Black-headed Grosbeak. Other species you might encounter include Common Nighthawk, Williamson’s and Red-breasted Sapsuckers, Hairy Woodpecker, Willow and Dusky Flycatcher, Cassin’s Finch, Red Crossbill, Green-tailed Towhee, Orange-crownned and Nashville Warblers, Western Tanager, and Lazuli Bunting.
Northern Waterthrush has been documented here and elsewhere in the area during nesting season.
Nearby Birding Locations
- Crater Lake National Park
- Corral Spring Campground
- Head of the Williamson River
- Annie Creek Canyon (Crater Lake NP)
- Klamath Marsh National Wildlife Refuge
- Scott Creek Campground
- Walker Mountain Lookout
- Military Crossing (Klamath Marsh)
- Big Marsh
- Castle Crest Wildflower Trail (Crater Lake NP)
- Wocus Bay (Klamath Marsh)
- Miller Lake
- Whitefish Campground, Crescent Lake