"The Dean Hale Woodpecker Festival has been cancelled for 2020”
* Based in Sisters, Oregon
* 11 Species of Woodpeckers
* 200 bird species seen last year
* Fun, friendly and casual atmosphere
* Affordable for all
* All dollars support ECAS's education programs
* We strictly follow birding ethics... guidelines
* At least two local field trip leaders per group
* Many choices for field trips ...
Click here to see a list of the bird species seen at last year's 2019 Festival
Recipient of a 2015 Mindful Birding Award
Steve Shunk's book, The Peterson Reference Guide to Woodpeckers of North America, is now available. Steve is a local author and birder and founder of the original Woodpecker Wonderland festival.